Healthwatch Coventry worked alongside Healthwatch Warwickshire to find out the impact changes to services and support resulting from Covid-19 were having on local people.
Coventry people highlighted:
- Challenges around getting the right information for them
- Insufficient communication from local NHS services
- Impact of service changes due to Covid-19 e.g. outpatient appointments delayed or tests postponed
- Understanding and praise for NHS services
- Uncertainty about what is happening regarding planned or ongoing treatment and if they should make contact with services or not
- Mixed experiences of the use of non face-to-face NHS contact (e.g. by phone or video)
- A lot of worries. Either general or specific.
- 56% identifying an impact on their mental health, however most not seeking outside help.