We collected our information by speaking to seven residents and three members of staff. We also spoke to the Acting Manager and one Senior Manager with a responsibility broader than this home. We received one completed questionnaire from a visitor to the home.
- Improve disabled access by providing clearer signage, and improving the wheelchair accessible route to the building and through the front door
- Use the guide 'Supporting older people with hearing loss' produced by Action for Hearing Loss to review and further develop support for residents’ hearing to ensure there are checks for hearing loss and ear health, hearing aids are working and train Hearing Loss Champions in the staff team
- Address storage of equipment in bathroom N1 by finding a better storage location
- Further develop dementia friendly design to ensure all taps are clearly labelled hot and cold, and improve signage and way finding upstairs
- Areas for the new Activity Co-ordinator to focus on include developing the range of activities on offer
- Address maintenance issues such as empty garden pots to frontage; autumn leaf fall, non-working lights
Download the full report to find out more information about the visit and also to find out the response from the care home manager.