Purpose of the role
Outreach volunteers help us to hear from local people about their experiences of using health and social care services.
Volunteers support Healthwatch to reach out to communities in our City helping us to make sure we hear from all of our communities so that they have a voice.
What kind of person are we looking for?
This is a people focused role for someone who enjoys meeting people and is interested in people.
You should be able to, and, be comfortable with:
- Listening to people
- Empathising with others and not judging people
- Proactively approaching individuals, building rapport and conversation
- Explaining the role of Healthwatch to others and responding to questions
- Dealing with confidential information sensitively and appropriately
- Recording information
- Travel to different locations in Coventry using your own or public transport
- Valuing diversity and equal opportunities
- Attending training and briefings as and when required
More about the role
The role will be carried out at different venues and locations including: group meetings; events such as fetes and open days; public venues eg community centres and cafes and many more.
- Collecting people’s experiences of health and social care services
- Supporting people to complete health and social care feedback questionnaires
- Recording feedback at meetings and events
- Promoting Healthwatch within the community and raising awareness
- Healthwatch Coventry community engagement activities are planned ahead of time and you are able select days and events to suit your schedule.
What do I get from the role?
Healthwatch Coventry is all about making things better by enabling local people to have a voice, including vulnerable and less heard people.
By volunteering you will play a key part in ensuring health and social care services meet the needs of everyone.
As a volunteer, you will:
- Know you are helping your local community
- Gain practical experience of working in local communities
- Learn more about health and social care services in Coventry
- Improve your own well-being and quality of life through volunteering
- Be invited to join in with other Healthwatch Coventry projects
- Be invited to Healthwatch events and training
Travel and out of pocket expenses related to the role can be claimed back.
All volunteers will attend free training.