Who does this role do and why?
NHS and care services produce a lot of information for the public. But sometimes information is not that clear.
As the health and social care champion for local people we believe easy to understand information is important so that you can understand services and be involved in important choices and decisions.
We want local people to be involved in what is produced.
What you will do
You will look at public or patient information such as websites, videos, leaflets, or letters produced by local health and social care services to see how easy they are to understand and then share your views with Healthwatch Coventry. This role is very flexible, you don’t have to commit to specific days or times. We will send you the information to review as and when we need to and, if you’re able to help, you’ll let us know.
What kind of person are we looking for?
This role is for anyone living in Coventry – you don’t need any specialist skills or qualifications.
We want to ensure we are recruiting lots of different volunteers from different backgrounds in Coventry so if you usually need information provided in a different format (e.g. Easy Read, BSL, Braille, large print, etc.)
You just need to:
- have some time to look at or read information written for the public
- use and have access to a computer or other device that can connect to the internet (if you don’t have this, you could still be involved in looking at paper copies of leaflets)
- volunteer from home
You can provide your feedback in a way that suits you; by email, by phone or video call, or in another way you’re comfortable with.
What's in it for you?
Healthwatch Coventry is all about making things better by enabling local people to have a voice, including vulnerable and less heard people. Clear Information Volunteers will play a key part in ensuring health and social care services meet the needs of everyone.
As a Clear Information Volunteer, you will:
- Know you are helping your local community
- Learn more about health and social care services in Coventry
- Be invited to join in with other Healthwatch Coventry projects
- Be invited to Healthwatch events and training (these may take place remotely, depending on the COVID-19 guidelines)
Expenses and training
Travel and out of pocket expenses related to the role can be claimed back.
All volunteers will attend free induction training.