Review of Coventry City Council website and content
Healthwatch Coventry undertakes qualitative research to gather evidence about what local people think and want from local services. For this piece of work we decided to revisit the original mystery shopping exercise we used in 2012 to gather intelligence. This consisted of ‘shoppers’ (volunteers who were given tasks to undertake searching on Coventry City Councils social care pages) who had varying Internet surfing skills reading 5 different scenarios about situations relating to social care then armed with this information exploring Coventry City Council’s Community Services web pages to find relevant useful information.
Quality Account comments
Each year Healthwatch Coventry looks at the evidence local NHS organisations produce about the quality of their services, and at the quality priroities they set for work in the coming year.
We write down our thoughts on what the trusts says:
- Download Healthwatch commentary on UHCW Quality Account 2016-17
- Download Healthwatch commnetary on CWPT Quality Account 2016-17
- Download Healthwatch commentary on UHCW Quality Account 2015-16
- Download Healthwatch commentary on CWPT Quality Account 2015-16
- Download Healthwatch commentary on West Midlands Ambulance Quality Account 2015-16
Review of Adult Social Care Annual Report
An investigation of breastfeeding support in Coventry
We investigated the delivery of breastfeeding support in Coventry We commissioned FWT- A Centre for Women to carry out a survey and focus groups to gather feedback from 279 women, including BME women and women in the most deprived areas of the City, on their experiences of breastfeeding support before birth, in the hospital and in the community.
- Download the report Investigation of breastfeeding support in Coventry (PDF document 1.30 MB)
- Download the appendices for the Investigation of breastfeeding support in Coventry (PDF document 826 KB)
Healthwatch Coventry response to local consultations
Freedom to speak up: whistleblowing policy for the NHS
NHS Trust Development Agency and NHS England are looking for feedback on the first version of the national policy for whistleblowing. This consultation, on what would be the first national whistleblowing policy, aims to improve services for patients and the working environment for staff across the health sector.
Coventry and Rugby Clinical Commissioning Group - Primary Care Strategy
Coventry and Rugby Clinical Commissioning Group (CRCCG) have produced a draft strategy for primary care. The document outlines the key themes and a work plan for action .
Download Healthwatch Coventry response to draft strategy for primary care (PDF document 234KB)
Coventry and Rugby Clinical Commissioning Group Commissioning Intentions 2016/17
Healthwatch Coventry have responded to the recent Coventry and Rugby CCG consultation, which sets out what the CCG will focus on its role of spending £500 million of the NHS budget on behalf of local people in Coventry and Rugby.
Young people’s views on health and care services
Healthwatch Coventry completed a peice of work which looked at gathering the views from young people to find out what is important to them about their own personal health and well being.
Summary of issues for local people identified by Healthwatch Coventry
We have published the report Health and Care in Coventry: A summary of issues for local people identified by Healthwatch Coventry to:
- Highlight the top concerns we have been hearing from people in Coventry over the last 12 months
- Summarise work which Healthwatch has been doing to raise these concerns and influence action
- Summarise the work of other organisations to address these concerns
- Flag up further actions which are needed and by which organisations
The report sets out how we have gathered insight into local NHS and care services and the top concerns we have found in 2014-15.