Review of Coventry City Council website and content
Healthwatch Coventry undertakes qualitative research to gather evidence about what local people think and want from local services. For this piece of work we decided to revisit the original mystery shopping exercise we used in 2012 to gather intelligence. This consisted of ‘shoppers’ (volunteers who were given tasks to undertake searching on Coventry City Councils social care pages) who had varying Internet surfing skills reading 5 different scenarios about situations relating to social care then armed with this information exploring Coventry City Council’s Community Services web pages to find relevant useful information.
Quality Account comments
Each year Healthwatch Coventry looks at the evidence local NHS organisations produce about the quality of their services, and at the quality priroities they set for work in the coming year.
We write down our thoughts on what the trusts says:
- Download Healthwatch commentary on UHCW Quality Account 2017-18 (pdf document 116kb)
- Download Healthwatch commentary on CWPT Quality Account 2017-18 (pdf document 86kb)
- Download Healthwatch commentary on UHCW Quality Account 2016-17
- Download Healthwatch commentary on CWPT Quality Account 2016-17
- Download Healthwatch commentary on UHCW Quality Account 2015-16
- Download Healthwatch commentary on CWPT Quality Account 2015-16
- Download Healthwatch commentary on West Midlands Ambulance Quality Account 2015-16
An investigation of breastfeeding support in Coventry
We investigated the delivery of breastfeeding support in Coventry We commissioned FWT- A Centre for Women to carry out a survey and focus groups to gather feedback from 279 women, including BME women and women in the most deprived areas of the City, on their experiences of breastfeeding support before birth, in the hospital and in the community.
- Download the report Investigation of breastfeeding support in Coventry (PDF document 1.30 MB)
- Download the appendices for the Investigation of breastfeeding support in Coventry (PDF document 826 KB)
Young people’s views on health and care services
Healthwatch Coventry completed a peice of work which looked at gathering the views from young people to find out what is important to them about their own personal health and well being.