Since January 2016, over 34,000 people have shared their views and experiences of using mental health services. Local Healthwatch have also produced 229 reports highlighting what people like and what could be better about mental health services.
Healthwatch England have published a report which gives the top six issues people shared with Local Healthwatch about mental health:
- People struggle to find information about the support available
- Mental and physical health needs are often treated in isolation
- People don't always get the same level of service
- Long waiting times to access mental health services and receive a diagnosis
- Non-mental health professionals don't always have the right information and training they need
- People often don't feel listened to or involved in decisions that affect them