Free tests for COVID-19 from the NHS ended for most people in England on 31 March 2022.
Up to date information can be found on the NHS website. You can also check for information about the advice in other parts of the UK.
The government has provided a list of approved lateral flow and PCR test providers along with contact details, should you need to buy a test. This list includes high street pharmacies.
More COVID-19 symptoms recognised
More symptoms of COVID-19 have been added to the original three of:
- a high temperature or shivering (chills) – a high temperature means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste
- shortness of breath
- feeling tired or exhausted
- an aching body
- a headache
- a sore throat
- a blocked or runny nose
- loss of appetite
- feeling sick or being sick
The symptoms are very similar to symptoms of other illnesses, such as colds and flu. Read more from NHS website