Read our annual report to find out the work we did to improve health and social care in the past 12 months.
"This year we have adapted what we do to help support people during this difficult year and to ensure the views and interests of patients and the public are heard."
We published 7 reports
Highlighting the improvements people would like to see to health and social care services.
This led to:
- Those responsible for NHS and care service hearing the experiences of local people and care home managers resulting from COVID-19 changes
- Care home actions to address improvement to physical access and dementia friendly design and addressing residents’ hearing loss issues, following our visit
- Work to improve GP websites after we looked at them all and identified areas for improvement
- COVID-19 vaccination public information produced to address issues we raised
- Easy read information about shared records produced by lead agency after our feedback
Our highlights from this year include:
- We heard from 426 people this year about their experiences of health and social care.
- We provided advice and information to 335 people by phone and email this year.
- There were 11,990 visitors to our website information.
- Our volunteers gave 1006 hours of their time this year.
- We received £249,716 in funding from our local authority in 2020-21, 4% more than the previous year.