What is Kooth?
Kooth is a safe, free and confidential way for young people to access emotional wellbeing and early intervention mental health support. The service will be available to all young people across Coventry aged 11-25 years in April and will be jointly funded by the City Council and Coventry and Warwickshire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG).
What services does Kooth offer?
- Digital self-help resources such as 24/7 access to magazines with well-being articles, personal experiences and tips from other young people and the Kooth team
- Peer to peer support via moderated discussion forums
- Members can submit content for the platform
- Members will have the opportunity to write in a daily journal to track feelings or emotions and promote positive mental health and wellbeing.
- In addition fully trained and qualified counsellors and emotional wellbeing practitioners will be available from midday to 10pm, and from 6pm to 10pm at weekends, 365 days a year to provide a much needed out-of-hours service for emotional support in an accessible way. Sessions can be booked in advance or they can drop in for one-to-one instant text-based chats.