The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) has put together a guide to help with planning support after being diagnosed with dementia including seven pieces of information you should expect to receive:
- Your type of dementia and how it will affect you.
- Any further tests, treatment, activities or therapies that might help you.
- Who will provide your care and how to contact them, including the professional who will coordinate your care.
- Support groups and charities that can help you.
- How dementia can affect your driving and what you need to do.
- How your employer should support you if you work (or are looking for work).
- Any research studies you could take part in.