NHS Complaints Support

Healthwatch Coventry Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS)

Healthwatch Coventry offers free, independent, confidential advice and support with complaints about NHS services.

Alternatively a range of guides developed by CAB are available from Healthwatch England (this includes a guide to compliants about social care services)

Resolving a concern informally

In many cases, users of NHS services have a ongoing experience which is causing concern and they wish to be put right. In such situations, it is usually best to approach the healthcare provider or, where the provider has one, the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS). If you are unsure how to do this then we can give you information.

You can find more information about how to raise a concern with different services on our NHS services page

Making a complaint

If you cannot resolve your problem informally, or if the issue that you are concerned about has happened in the past but you feel that it was unacceptable to you, you can make a formal complaint to the service provider. Healthwatch Coventry can help you to make a complaint. We can give you information and assist you to make the complaint yourself, or, where you need us to, we can write letters for you or attend meetings with you.

Making a complaint to the Health Service Ombudsman

If you are dissatisfied with the response provided by the NHS you can take your complaint to the Health Service Ombudsman. Healthwatch can support you to do this.

Contact our ICAS services

Telephone on 024 7625 2011 Monday to Friday 9.30 - 4.00pm. Outside these hours you can leave a message on our answer machine and be assured of a prompt response the next working day.


Email us for support in making a complaint about an NHS service

Go back to our services page